Join a Committee!
Get involved, get engaged.
Whether your a new member looking to connect or returning member looking to get re-engaged with the association, joining a committee is a great place to start!
Our committees are made up of restaurant, hotel and allied partner members who are dedicated to their role as a committee member and want to provide input at every committee meeting.
Here are three questions to ask yourself:
1. Are you an industry professional able to volunteer my time to this organization?
2. Would you enjoy connecting with other industry colleagues from around the state?
3. Do you like to have fun?
If you answered yes to 1 or all 3 questions - you're eligible to join a committee! You do not have to be an owner or big decision maker to volunteer on a committee - we believe that a diverse and inclusive set of thoughts and perspectives make for the best collaboration.
2023 Standing Committees
- Advocacy: The Advocacy Committee is a standing committee with goals of advancing local, statewide and federal legislation, policy and funding that enhance opportunities in the hospitality industry. Assists the INRLA President in setting the annual advocacy agenda and presents to board of directors for approval. Leads efforts in PAC fundraising. Represents the INRLA at legislator and candidate meetings.
- Events: The Events Committee assists in the development and execution of InRLA events, including but not limited to annual events such as the Taste of Hoosier Hospitality, Annual Meeting, Golf Outing and Stars of the Industry. The committee works with the staff to identify and recruit event sponsorship and set direction for speakers, locations and event activities.
- Finance: Working with the INRLA Finance Director, the Finance Committee will oversee the financial planning of the organization and participate in the analysis of external and internal budgeting. Craft policies for board approval that deal with acceptable reserves, the board’s involvement in signing major purchases or financial commitments, or appropriate use of board-designated funds.
- Membership: The Membership Committee works with the INRLA Membership Director to provide advice and counsel on matters of membership recruitment and retention. Assists with prospective member call-time and meetings as needed. Sets strategic goals for membership recruitment. Participates in membership events.